Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Category Affinity

Community Advisor

I am new to Target and trying to understand category affinity. I have categories on the web like below. How should I use this audience now in activity to evaluate my favorite category? How will results look like in activity? And, how the activity will be created using category affinity?

jsvasu_0-1669156935248.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey @JyotiSharmaV 

Ti start off with CA implementation, you'll first need to pass category as a mbox param inside user.categoryId parameter. Once you do that target starts tracking categories that user is visiting. Now, in audience you'll need to create audience as you showed in screenshot.

Lets say, you have passed category as shoes on shoes category/plp/pdp page and similarly on other categories. So when user visits shoes category it becomes his fav. Category. Later if he visits phone multiple times it'll become his fav category and shoes will be pushed as second fav.

To understand how algorithm works, go through below doc.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/category-affinity.ht...

Now, it depends on you what do you want to show to the user who's fav. Category is shoes or pen..

Accordingly create experiences.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey @JyotiSharmaV 

Ti start off with CA implementation, you'll first need to pass category as a mbox param inside user.categoryId parameter. Once you do that target starts tracking categories that user is visiting. Now, in audience you'll need to create audience as you showed in screenshot.

Lets say, you have passed category as shoes on shoes category/plp/pdp page and similarly on other categories. So when user visits shoes category it becomes his fav. Category. Later if he visits phone multiple times it'll become his fav category and shoes will be pushed as second fav.

To understand how algorithm works, go through below doc.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/category-affinity.ht...

Now, it depends on you what do you want to show to the user who's fav. Category is shoes or pen..

Accordingly create experiences.

Hope this helps.

Community Advisor

@Gaureshk_Kodag can you help sharing doc on how to pass category as a mbox param inside user.categoryId parameter.

Community Advisor

Any proper step to step doc to help understand to pass parameters the way you are saying?