Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How can I disable all Activities/Test just for my current session

Level 2

I'm using an automation and I'd like to disable all activities for the automation runs.

I know we can use the mboxDisable=1 parameter in the URL to hide any activities on the page.  Is there something we can set to disable the activities for the entire session as it clicks from page to page?  

Thanks,

nik

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are using the latest at.js (version 0.9.6 or later) you can set a session cookie that will disable mboxes. From the browser console you can run: document.cookie = "mboxDisable=1; path=/";

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The use-case doesn't looks to be the ideal one.However we can probably  think of some alternatives like probably turning off global mbox setting in mbox.js.

Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to turn off the global mbox just for the current session?

The desire is to have an automated test run on the production site.  There are specific things it will look for that may get disrupted by AB testing and we want to avoid that.

nik

Level 5

Hi Nik,

As far as I know, you can't disable it as you would like, but I see why you want it. Could you setup your automated test, to re-map the at.js/mbox.js file to a empty js-file on your site, to avoid requests to target?

/Løjmann

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you are using the latest at.js (version 0.9.6 or later) you can set a session cookie that will disable mboxes. From the browser console you can run: document.cookie = "mboxDisable=1; path=/";

Hope that helps!

Level 2

That sounds like exactly what we are looking for, unfortunately, we're on the mbox.js implementation.

I'll look into upgrading.  I'm not sure why we're not using at.js :(