Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

How auto allocation works on the winning experience ?

Level 1

Hi,

When I am trying to understand how auto allocation works. I got a question on how auto allocation works on the winning experience. My question is,  What if, if the user has not noticed the change and simply sitting on the page and scrolling in the experience which has a highest conversion rate (i.e., winning experience). In this case the conversion rate will start increasing even the user has not noted the change we have created by simply staying on the page. So how can we make the user to see the particular change ?

Referred URL :  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/auto-allocate/automated-traffic-allo...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @vikash_adobe_v 

Auto allocate automatically drives users to the winning experience, which is decided by the goal metric you set up. for example, if your goal metric is clicks on Add to Cart, and in challenger experience, you have changed the font size of the button text.

Now, irrespective of whether the user noticed that change or not, target would just track the number of users getting converted (i.e. clicking on Add to cart) from exp. A VS exp. B and basis that the winner will get more user allocation. Along with this some amount of traffic is reserved to explore both experiences.

If your goal metric is A2C clicks, then obviously your changes should be around the A2C button which will be noticed by users. sometimes some minor changes on the page could affect a user's behavior drastically even if the changes are unnoticeable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @vikash_adobe_v 

Auto allocate automatically drives users to the winning experience, which is decided by the goal metric you set up. for example, if your goal metric is clicks on Add to Cart, and in challenger experience, you have changed the font size of the button text.

Now, irrespective of whether the user noticed that change or not, target would just track the number of users getting converted (i.e. clicking on Add to cart) from exp. A VS exp. B and basis that the winner will get more user allocation. Along with this some amount of traffic is reserved to explore both experiences.

If your goal metric is A2C clicks, then obviously your changes should be around the A2C button which will be noticed by users. sometimes some minor changes on the page could affect a user's behavior drastically even if the changes are unnoticeable.