Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Getting the following error in my browser console - Errors: field - [qaMode] - Invalid QaMode token;

Level 2

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light as to why I'm getting the following error in my browser console on the Target response (.tt.omtrdc...) payload?

I've copied the QA URL from my activity, and when I paste into the browser, I can't debug the payload, because this is the only message I get.

darrenb_IV_0-1583796666767.png

Not sure if related, but the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger throws me the following error when I try to turn on Target Traces.

ERROR{{errorRetrievingTargetAccessData}}

darrenb_IV_0-1583796710258.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Did you by any chance make a copy of a previous activity?

I copied a couple of older/previous activities and made some changes and couldn't QA the test. Turned out on the Goals & Settings page the duration end date was still set to a date in the past. When I changed it to "when deactivated" the QA link worked.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 21.33.20.png

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Level 1

Hi @Amelia_Waliany . Could you please be a bit specific on ERROR{{errorRetrievingTargetAccessData}} when trying to do a target trace in the Debugger? Is there an alternative for the moment? Much appreciated, and thank you!

Level 2
Thanks for responding @Amelia_Waliany. Though it doesn't look like that page references anything to do with the Debugger

Level 2

Is there any further progress on this?

Still getting ERROR{{errorRetrievingTargetAccessData}} when trying to Enable Target Traces in Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger BETA despite being logged into Adobe Target in chrome.

Level 2
The only work around I managed was to use a firefox browser rather than chrome - you can get the debugger extension in firefox too.

Level 2
I am getting the same issue on Chrome. Anyone have a solution?

Level 1
Did anyone find the solution for that? It seems like this post has been viewed 4.7k time and Adobe support hasn't provided any solid answer

Level 1

Did anyone find the solution for that? It seems like this post has been viewed 4.7k time and Adobe support hasn't provided any solid answer.

Administrator

Hi @darrenb_IV ! Were you able to resolve this issue with the support that was provided? If so, please let us know by marking the helpful response as, "Correct Reply," - otherwise I'd encourage you to follow up

Thank you and I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Warmly,

Amelia, Target Community Manager

Level 2

I haven't seen this problem in a little while, but then again I had switched to using Firefox to debug once the Debugger was made available to Firefox, and everything seems to work fine there. But I'm not sure whether the problem has resolved in Chrome

Level 1
Still getting this error months later. I am wondering why no one has addressed this

Level 2

Have you already found a solution? If not, I've replied my solution to OP. Maybe it'll fix it for your issue too.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Did you by any chance make a copy of a previous activity?

I copied a couple of older/previous activities and made some changes and couldn't QA the test. Turned out on the Goals & Settings page the duration end date was still set to a date in the past. When I changed it to "when deactivated" the QA link worked.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 21.33.20.png

Level 4

This is the correct answer. I had the same issue, I deactivated an activity and then tried to make changes to re-launch but couldn't QA it. It was because the "scheduled activation date and time" were in the past. I changed them and everything works as expected now.

Level 2

I was confused by this error too. Here's what I found.

This seemed to be caused by an old and apparently now invalid QA activity link.

Example: Adding ?at_preview_token=[your token here...]

Solution:

1. Add ?at_preview_token= with no token value
2. Clear cookies as this value is persisted

The above steps resolved the issue for me.

If this keeps happening to people in your org, they are probably using an old preview link that was provided a while ago and is now invalid for some reason.

At least, that's what I've surmised from troubleshooting it.