Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Flicker Issue - Adobe Target Implementation through AEP WEB SDK Implementation

Community Advisor

Hi Experts,

We have implemented Adobe Target through Web SDK (async) and added pre-hiding snippet.

The order is : Pre hiding snippet  (in the head section)

Launch Web SDK (in the head section)

data layer ( in body section )

Observation :

There is a flicker in the first visit but post page refresh the flicker is not at all present.

Flicker code :

<script>
!function(e,a,n,t)
{var i=e.head;if(i){
if (a) return;
var o=e.createElement("style");
o.id="alloy-prehiding",o.innerText=n,i.appendChild(o),setTimeout(function(){o.parentNode&&o.parentNode.removeChild(o)},t)}}
(document, document.location.href.indexOf("adobe_authoring_enabled") !== -1, "body { opacity: 0 !important }", 3000);
</script>

Can someone suggest if we are missing some configuration here ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI ,

The order in which I have implemented is below and it worked well. 

1) Data Layer

2) Body Hiding script

3) Launch script

Also you can also try adjusting the timeout ( "body { opacity: 0 !important }", 3000);) in body hiding script to see if that resolves the flicker issue. . Ensure you don't reduce it too much, the more you reduce the number, the more chances to get a flicker.

Adobe doc ref : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js/manage-flicke...

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI ,

The order in which I have implemented is below and it worked well. 

1) Data Layer

2) Body Hiding script

3) Launch script

Also you can also try adjusting the timeout ( "body { opacity: 0 !important }", 3000);) in body hiding script to see if that resolves the flicker issue. . Ensure you don't reduce it too much, the more you reduce the number, the more chances to get a flicker.

Adobe doc ref : https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js/manage-flicke...

Thanks