Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Exclude Organic Visitors

Level 2

I'd like to exclude organic traffic from a test. In traffic sources. Can I do this in existing audiences, or do I need to create a segment in Analytics, make a marketing cloud segment, and use that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The would exclude both Organic & Paid search traffic

For a test scenario where test is created to only be shown to SEM Organic search traffic. All that is needed is that  on any page of your site where SEM traffic will be landing. Simply set up a Audience to Exclude traffic when the visitor lands with a particular URL parameter. This is typically the tracking ID of SEM  Paid search campaigns but it can also be any text string inside the URL.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Yes, You  can modify an existing audience or create a new audience in Adobe Target to  Exclude Organic Traffic like below :

Please NOTE that the referring landing page is the page you clicked from to reach the current site this session. (For example, if you click an ad on Google and it leads you to the adobe.com home page, the referring landing page is google.com.)

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

But that would exclude paid traffic from Google as well.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The would exclude both Organic & Paid search traffic

For a test scenario where test is created to only be shown to SEM Organic search traffic. All that is needed is that  on any page of your site where SEM traffic will be landing. Simply set up a Audience to Exclude traffic when the visitor lands with a particular URL parameter. This is typically the tracking ID of SEM  Paid search campaigns but it can also be any text string inside the URL.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal