Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Data Discrepancies between Overall vs Desktop device and Mobile Device

Level 2

Hi Community,

We were recently run a A/B Testing for 2 weeks and it is announced the winner. We tried to explore the reports, we have used the segmentation ( Desktop Device and Mobile Devices) for audience for reporting . Seems most of the users comes from Mobile device. But when we check the data, it is mismatching between overall data.

for Eg: Scenario 1:

Overall traffic: 100 visitors

Mobile Device: 80 visitors

Desktop Device: 40 visitors

Overall traffic should be 120 visitors?

for Eg: Scenario 2:

Overall traffic: 80 visitors

Mobile Device: 100 visitors

Desktop Device: 20 visitors

Overall traffic should be 120 visitors?

Below is the segmentation of audience we have been used. Also attached the audience screenshots.

Mobile Device: Mobile Include: (Attached)

Is Mobile Device -> True Desktop Device:

Mobile Include: (Attached)

Is Mobile Device -> False

Can you please help me to understand the right method track the mobile and desktop device traffic?

Thanks
KP

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

Do you have screenshots of the reporting that you can share?

I don't understand Scenario 2, it just shouldn't be possible to have a single segment (i.e. Mobile Device) that is greater than Overall Traffic.

For Scenario 1, do you have a Customer ID that you're sharing with Target for an authenticated/logged in user? If so, then one potential explanation could be the same user logging in on 2 different devices