Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Collection and Experience Persistence for Server Side (Java SDK)

Level 4

Hello Community,

I have a couple of questions regarding server side (Java SDK). 

Question number one:

For server side tests (form based), does setting the reporting source to Adobe Analytics send activity data over the same way as client side does (activity / experience name)?

Question number two:

How is persistent experience achieved with server side?  I know for client side the Visitor API (AMC...) cookie is used for experience consistency.  Does server side have a similar mechanism?  If so does it "autmagically" work out of the box?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @rrrrrraul,

#1: It does rely on the same A4T configuration option the typical client-side deployment of Target does (using an SDID parameter). This does assume a Target server-side deployment and a client-side deployment of ECID and Analytics. Then you should be setting a server-state for the ECID (VisitorAPI.js) on the page. You should be able to see this on the Target-Analytics page from the sample app for the Target Java SDK.

#2: The Target Java SDK handles this so that experiences are maintained as you'd expect. The SDK will use and set the AMCV_... and mbox cookies to make sure ensure this works on both the server-side or client-side (in case you have a hybrid deployment of Target).

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @rrrrrraul,

#1: It does rely on the same A4T configuration option the typical client-side deployment of Target does (using an SDID parameter). This does assume a Target server-side deployment and a client-side deployment of ECID and Analytics. Then you should be setting a server-state for the ECID (VisitorAPI.js) on the page. You should be able to see this on the Target-Analytics page from the sample app for the Target Java SDK.

#2: The Target Java SDK handles this so that experiences are maintained as you'd expect. The SDK will use and set the AMCV_... and mbox cookies to make sure ensure this works on both the server-side or client-side (in case you have a hybrid deployment of Target).

Hope that helps.