Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Customer Attributes - Debugging the Data

Level 2

Apologies if this has been raised before - happy to be redirected to an answer.

We are in the process of implementing Target. Part of the implementation is to add our offline (CRM) data to the product. We have successfully loaded our data to Customer Attributes and allocated an alias which is then mirrored into the SetCustomerID rule within our Launch environment.

Whilst this has now been in in place for 7 days (so latency isnt an issue) we do not see any data being passed to our Analytics and when we have set up a Target Audience for specific identifiable users the users are not seeing the experience.

Question 1 - Is there a debugger I can use to login to our site and see the Customer Attributes loaded? I can see the SetCustomerID output (below) but not the data being loaded 

personid.:

id:######### (Our known customer id used in the load)

as:1

Question2 - Does anyone have an idea why the data would not be being passed to Target and Analytics? 
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @FGHPhilJ !

You can actually a check the data on target servers through an API > http://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#fetching-a-profile (using third-party ID)

Check for the customer ID, you are validating the data for.

If there are no crs parameters fetched through this API, target has not received the crs data. In such case, I would suggest

1. Ensure that the customer attribute data source is Active

2. Ensure that the attributes are subscribed to Target and Analytics

3. Check if the customer ID data is available through "Lookup ID" in Customer attributes

If not, verify the csv file format to ensure there are no unwanted spaces and re-upload the data

If yes, I will still suggest to try re-uploading the data

Please note , it may take upto 24hrs for the data to reach Target /Analytics.

Once the data is available on Target server : ensure that customer Id and authentication state is correctly passed in Target calls

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello @FGHPhilJ !

You can actually a check the data on target servers through an API > http://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#fetching-a-profile (using third-party ID)

Check for the customer ID, you are validating the data for.

If there are no crs parameters fetched through this API, target has not received the crs data. In such case, I would suggest

1. Ensure that the customer attribute data source is Active

2. Ensure that the attributes are subscribed to Target and Analytics

3. Check if the customer ID data is available through "Lookup ID" in Customer attributes

If not, verify the csv file format to ensure there are no unwanted spaces and re-upload the data

If yes, I will still suggest to try re-uploading the data

Please note , it may take upto 24hrs for the data to reach Target /Analytics.

Once the data is available on Target server : ensure that customer Id and authentication state is correctly passed in Target calls

Hope that helps!

Level 2
Thanks for this, we managed to identify that our CRM id was being uploaded with a trailing space which caused our issues and then we manged to use the API to understand the data.

Employee Advisor
Great! Glad to know thats it working for you now