Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Criteria set-up. Display products that matches an entity parameter on mbox

Level 2

Hi - I am trying to create a recs component that should provide product recommendations based on the entity parameter I am passing in mbox.

In the mbox call, I am passing an entity parameter which is 'entity.status'

In the data catalog, my products also have that attribute - entity.status.

What I want to happen is if the value I passed to the entity.status parameter is '1' in the mbox call, I want to see in recs all of the products in my data catalog that has a entity.status = 1.

I don't want to use the most viewed algorithm since my site is getting very low traffic.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Michael,

You are really close!

If you pass in an mbox parameter (a.k.a. targetPageParameter) called "status" -- not entity.status -- this use-case will work. So set status equal to 1 in the parameter an make sure that the items in the catalog have a corresponding entity.status value equal to 1. Also make sure you are passing both of them in the same way (either as a string or a value) so that the matching isn't trying to compare different types of data. Once you are passing in the parameter status=1, you can follow the setup below. Hope that helps!

In your Criteria Card, click "Add Filtering Rule"

1362812_pastedImage_4.png

then select "Parameter Matching"

1362813_pastedImage_5.png

Then you create a rule that looks like this (you may need to change the name of the mbox):

1362814_pastedImage_6.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Michael,

You are really close!

If you pass in an mbox parameter (a.k.a. targetPageParameter) called "status" -- not entity.status -- this use-case will work. So set status equal to 1 in the parameter an make sure that the items in the catalog have a corresponding entity.status value equal to 1. Also make sure you are passing both of them in the same way (either as a string or a value) so that the matching isn't trying to compare different types of data. Once you are passing in the parameter status=1, you can follow the setup below. Hope that helps!

In your Criteria Card, click "Add Filtering Rule"

1362812_pastedImage_4.png

then select "Parameter Matching"

1362813_pastedImage_5.png

Then you create a rule that looks like this (you may need to change the name of the mbox):

1362814_pastedImage_6.png