Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best practices for using csv feeds

Level 1

Firstly, the current feed we use in our organisation is one huge product feed that takes 6 hours to upload, and gets uploaded once a day. We are breaking those up in 24 smaller files containing changed information, to ensure all products are updated during the day. Is this the best way?

Secondly, our app is now also available in another country, which is a first for us, and I need guidance in how to deal with this as a separate feed. What will be the best practice for doing this with multiple csv feeds.  Will the Namibia feed not overwrite all the South African product feeds?

My other question is: How will Target know e.g. using Bought Bought, that two products was bought together for Namibia, or vice versa, for South Africa, but not to show products related to South Africa on Namibia's recommendations and vice versa?

This is new to me working with another country, so any advice will help please.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have different offers/products for different countries, I could think of two options:

1) "Product attributes":  add meta data to the products reflecting all different data you need (eg. having a filed where you add country availability) and then filter the right products using collections

2) "Environments": add products to different environments, basically you have a seperate "Environment" for each country. In this case you would upload all products to the desired environment for each country (if a product is available in multiple countries you would need to upload it multiple times).

it all depends on the requirements, both options have advantages and drawbacks - I personally would prefer (2) since you have more control and really seperate the data for each country, but you can use the same "designs" for multiple countries (no need to play around with design code...)

just my 2 cents - happy to hear other opinions and feedbacks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have different offers/products for different countries, I could think of two options:

1) "Product attributes":  add meta data to the products reflecting all different data you need (eg. having a filed where you add country availability) and then filter the right products using collections

2) "Environments": add products to different environments, basically you have a seperate "Environment" for each country. In this case you would upload all products to the desired environment for each country (if a product is available in multiple countries you would need to upload it multiple times).

it all depends on the requirements, both options have advantages and drawbacks - I personally would prefer (2) since you have more control and really seperate the data for each country, but you can use the same "designs" for multiple countries (no need to play around with design code...)

just my 2 cents - happy to hear other opinions and feedbacks

Level 1

@Urs_Boller thank you so much for the feedback.  Using different "Environments" makes sense! I will give it a try