Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Audience Traffic Source UTM Parameter Setup

Level 2

When specifying a traffic source based on referring LP Query, syntax wise how do I input the source? I.e. tracking affiliate traffic via utm_source contains affiliate | tracking paid traffic from google (not organic) utm_source contains google. 

In the source box do I just input the source 'affiliate' or do I have to specify 'utm_source=affiliate'. Haven't had too much luck finding documentation for this. Thank you!

Officialyi_0-1663630691775.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can simply write utm_source=google and in the next line google. You don't need to write an or - each new line is like an or.

However, I'm not sure if traffic sources is the right thing to do here. If you always get a utm_source=google parameter in the URL - I would use "Site Pages" instead of "Traffic Sources" (Current Page > URL > Contains).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can simply write utm_source=google and in the next line google. You don't need to write an or - each new line is like an or.

However, I'm not sure if traffic sources is the right thing to do here. If you always get a utm_source=google parameter in the URL - I would use "Site Pages" instead of "Traffic Sources" (Current Page > URL > Contains).