Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Audience Max Capacity in AB Test

Level 3

Hi All, 

I need to set a cap of 20,000 Visitors to an AB test (requirement from a stakeholder), specifically;

- we want to allow 20k people to qualify for the experience

- we want to keep the test open to the qualified people until; 

1) they convert, or 

2) the test has run for 4 weeks

- if any new visitors after the first 20k people qualify we don't want to show them the experience.

I can't find any documentation to suggest this is possible but need to be sure, can anyone help!!??

Thank you so much!   

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The 20,000 requirement seems rather arbitrary, however, if I was given those parameters I would likely do one of two things. The first option is way easier if you are looking for a quick fix. The second option has a bit more rigor but would require some dev/engineering work.

1 - Forecast my daily unique visitors to the page/activity and set up an entry audience to only run until the predetermined day. You could also have a variation of this approached by setting up a low entry % so that not everyone qualifies all at once. 

2 - Leverage the Target admin apis and have a 5 min interval process that checks on the activity and its visitor count. If the count is greater than 20k, then deactivate the activity via the same apis. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Mycal_Tamariki ,

There is one way I could think of running experiment is -

Run the A/B test for only logged In users. Now, how you'll limit the number to 20k only? - Ask for 20,000 customer ids from client and upload it into target (people/customer attributes). Then, create segment basis the customer attributes in such a way that only those 20,000 people will be qualified for activity and you can use that segment to fulfil client need.

If you want to release the audience from test after conversion, you could just set an mbox/profile param after successful conversion. and basis that create segment and combine it with customer attributes segment.

Hope this helps. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The 20,000 requirement seems rather arbitrary, however, if I was given those parameters I would likely do one of two things. The first option is way easier if you are looking for a quick fix. The second option has a bit more rigor but would require some dev/engineering work.

1 - Forecast my daily unique visitors to the page/activity and set up an entry audience to only run until the predetermined day. You could also have a variation of this approached by setting up a low entry % so that not everyone qualifies all at once. 

2 - Leverage the Target admin apis and have a 5 min interval process that checks on the activity and its visitor count. If the count is greater than 20k, then deactivate the activity via the same apis.