Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

at_check cookie gets created irrespective of user's consent

Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying to implement Opt-In on the website and at_check cookie is configured as Analytical cookies category in OneTrust configuration.

I can see the at_check cookie gets created automatically when the user loads the website. It doesn't wait for the consent to be accepted.

In Data collection, we have added the extension (Adobe Target) and enabled "Opt-In" from the configuration.

I have referred many documentations from Adobe already and didn't get any convincing reason. Please help here.

Thanks for looking my query in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The at_check cookie is used by Target to check whether cookies can be set or not (i.e. is the cookieDomain value correct), it's not a Statistics cookie. The only way you could stop this cookie from being set before consent is by not loading the Target library until consent has been given 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The at_check cookie is used by Target to check whether cookies can be set or not (i.e. is the cookieDomain value correct), it's not a Statistics cookie. The only way you could stop this cookie from being set before consent is by not loading the Target library until consent has been given 

Level 5

@alexbishop - I have one question, If we load Target after consent is given - will it impact the A/B tests running on that page? Like, the library JS will load only after consent is given.

So, the A/B tests will run fine for the customers, who had provided consent already - correct?

For new customers OR customers, who hasn't provided consent. - It will never run unless they provide consent. Also, once the consent is given - the tests will run on that page only after page refresh - correct?

Employee Advisor

Yes, the A/B tests would run fine for customers who already provided consent.

You could choose to load the library after consent is given, without triggering a page refresh, but that will introduce "flicker" when the default content is replaced by the variant content. So some customers choose to refresh the page as part of that "consent has been provided" process.