Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Any solution about Experience Targeting who specific users??

Level 2

I want Experience Targeting just fuw persons who work with me.

Some one have a solution ? or Any good  idea?

ex) segments : user_id  equals  'noah0530'  // like this

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey @Jeonglim_Lee,

If you are wanting to create an internal audience for testing purposes and you can have that audience follow a few easy steps, you can create profiles for them and then audiences from those profiles to target in an activity (like an XT).

The key is to set a profile parameter using a trackEvent call. Here's how I've done this in the past for setting up internal testing groups. I'll use your example of user_id = noah0530.

First is to get your trackEvent code ready. For Noah, you would create the following:

adobe.target.trackEvent({"mbox": "userProfileSet","params": {"profile.user_id": "noah0530"}});

Then 'Noah' would need to navigate to a browser where your instance of Target is running and open up his developer tools and select 'Console'. In the Console, he would paste the above code and hit enter. It will return 'undefined' (which is ok). It should look like this:

Profile Step 1.jpg

What this step is doing is setting a profile key:value pair for Noah on this specific browser. So when Noah returns Target will have this value associated with his profile. Note that this profile will persist for 14 days by default so Noah may need to repeat this step to keep his profile. You can validate the profile values are there by looking at the mbox Trace:

Profile Validate.jpg

Then, you can create an audience using that information by selecting "Profile" in the audience builder and selecting user_id and then typing the user ids you wish to target. You can combine multiple or create single audiences from a specific id. 

Profile Step 2.jpg

Once the audience is created you can use that in any activity. 

This application is for a specific use case where you can have the user perform these specific steps... but in a real world use case we would want either attributes or specific actions to set these profiles for users so that we could then use those profiles to provide a better experience.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

hi @Jeonglim_Lee  - you can use Enter to provide multiple values while defining audiences. This acts as an OR condition and audience will qualify if any of the values match the rule.

rajneesh_gautam_0-1651045424951.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey @Jeonglim_Lee,

If you are wanting to create an internal audience for testing purposes and you can have that audience follow a few easy steps, you can create profiles for them and then audiences from those profiles to target in an activity (like an XT).

The key is to set a profile parameter using a trackEvent call. Here's how I've done this in the past for setting up internal testing groups. I'll use your example of user_id = noah0530.

First is to get your trackEvent code ready. For Noah, you would create the following:

adobe.target.trackEvent({"mbox": "userProfileSet","params": {"profile.user_id": "noah0530"}});

Then 'Noah' would need to navigate to a browser where your instance of Target is running and open up his developer tools and select 'Console'. In the Console, he would paste the above code and hit enter. It will return 'undefined' (which is ok). It should look like this:

Profile Step 1.jpg

What this step is doing is setting a profile key:value pair for Noah on this specific browser. So when Noah returns Target will have this value associated with his profile. Note that this profile will persist for 14 days by default so Noah may need to repeat this step to keep his profile. You can validate the profile values are there by looking at the mbox Trace:

Profile Validate.jpg

Then, you can create an audience using that information by selecting "Profile" in the audience builder and selecting user_id and then typing the user ids you wish to target. You can combine multiple or create single audiences from a specific id. 

Profile Step 2.jpg

Once the audience is created you can use that in any activity. 

This application is for a specific use case where you can have the user perform these specific steps... but in a real world use case we would want either attributes or specific actions to set these profiles for users so that we could then use those profiles to provide a better experience.