Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Adobe Target Reporting | Engagement Tracking | Private browsing not tracked?

Level 3

Hi team, 

Can someone tell me if visitor and conversion information is included in reporting (either in Target or using A4T) if it's a private browsing session? 

I'm doing some testing on an activity (on an AB test) and the number of times i saw the experience and clicked on the 'conversion element' do not match the numbers i am seeing in the report in target - in target visitor numbers are higher and conversion numbers are lower.  

I also used A4T so looked inside analytics and it's the same story - higher visitors and lower clicks.  Is this cause i was using an incognito window?

Please help! 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

There is a lot that could go into this. Tracking will be dependent on the browser used and the implementation of cookie consent manager. I.e., if Target cookies are classified as personalization and the user opts out of all but required, then their activity likely shouldn't be tracked. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

There is a lot that could go into this. Tracking will be dependent on the browser used and the implementation of cookie consent manager. I.e., if Target cookies are classified as personalization and the user opts out of all but required, then their activity likely shouldn't be tracked. 

Community Advisor

By default, only one click per user for the activity is counted as a conversion. Regardless of whether the conversion is triggered more often.