Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target Recommendation - Generating Catalog via MBOX or CSV

Level 1

Hello All,

I have to generate a catalog from my website to send to adobe target for generating the recommendation. As from multiple ways of doing it, we have narrowed down 2 approaches - 

1. To generate a catalog as a CSV and uploading it in target.

2. Using MBOX- Passing the entity values (id, URL, image etc.) in the targetPageParams() call on every page.

I wish to ask if Adobe has a preferred approach of one over another and if one needs to be mindful of any criteria before choosing the best way to generate the catalog.

Appreciate any insights on this please!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @shivisaggi

The following page contains a table of the catalog population methods and when to use each one:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target-dev/developer/recommendations.html?lang=en#2.-set-up-...

From my own personal experience, you may want to use a combination of catalog population methods.

The feed is great for importing or updating all entities at once and can be scheduled to run once per day.

The targetPageParams method is great for to-the-minute updates for individual entities. In addition, certain Adobe Target features such as Parameter Matching rely on parameters being passed to the page.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @shivisaggi

The following page contains a table of the catalog population methods and when to use each one:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target-dev/developer/recommendations.html?lang=en#2.-set-up-...

From my own personal experience, you may want to use a combination of catalog population methods.

The feed is great for importing or updating all entities at once and can be scheduled to run once per day.

The targetPageParams method is great for to-the-minute updates for individual entities. In addition, certain Adobe Target features such as Parameter Matching rely on parameters being passed to the page.