Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Adobe Target automatically forwards the Analytics payload

Level 2

I'm trying to implement a4t "Analytics for target" using that approach that included in that documentation :

Adobe Target automatically forwards the Analytics payload . 
so  my question: 
is there any thing else we should do to reporting in analytics like calling any thing else because from what i see here we only call delivery api and that is an adobe target api ...? should we use supplementalDataId into another api to report in analytics like "data insertion api" or Tealium ?

the request sample is :: 

curl -X POST \
  'https://demo.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/delivery?client=demo&sessionId=d359234570e04f14e1faeeba02d6ab9914e' \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -H 'cache-control: no-cache' \
  -d '{
      "context": {
        "channel": "web",
        "browser" : {
          "host" : "demo"
        },
        "address" : {
          "url" : "http://demo.dev.tt-demo.com/demo/store/index.html"
        },
        "screen" : {
          "width" : 1200,
          "height": 1400
        }
      },
      "id": {
        "marketingCloudVisitorId": "2304820394812039"
      },
      "property" : {
        "token": "08b62abd-c3e7-dfb2-da93-96b3aa724d81"
      },
      "experienceCloud": {
        "analytics": {
          "supplementalDataId" : "23423498732598234",
          "trackingServer": "ags041.sc.omtrdc.net",
          "logging": "server_side"
        }
      },
        "execute": {
        "mboxes" : [
          {
            "name" : "homepage",
            "index" : 1
          }
        ]
      }
    }'
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Arsène 

Are you using Adobe Launch as your tag manager (Target + Analytics + Visitor ID Service) ?

If you are, it will handle the creation of a supplemental id (sdid) on each page load, which is then consumed by subsequent Target and Analytics hits.
The same sdid being passed to Target and Analytics hits on the same page allows Adobe to "stitch" everything together on the server side without any additional setup from your side.

Things get a little more exotic if you have a single page app or trigger multiple mboxes on the same page, but if you can let me know a little more about your setup I can help more.

Some useful docs:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @Arsène 

Are you using Adobe Launch as your tag manager (Target + Analytics + Visitor ID Service) ?

If you are, it will handle the creation of a supplemental id (sdid) on each page load, which is then consumed by subsequent Target and Analytics hits.
The same sdid being passed to Target and Analytics hits on the same page allows Adobe to "stitch" everything together on the server side without any additional setup from your side.

Things get a little more exotic if you have a single page app or trigger multiple mboxes on the same page, but if you can let me know a little more about your setup I can help more.

Some useful docs: