Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join Drew Burns and Brent Kostak, TUESDAY, 3/12/24 @1pm EST for Part 3 of the Personalization Maturity Webinar Series on Unlocking AI-Powered Personalization
SOLVED

A4T - How to control SDID sharing prior to at.js version 2.1

Level 2

Hello,

I need to control when to stitch the SDID parameter between Target and Adobe Analytics (A4T) based on user consent. I've seen in this link that I can do that by doing this:

window.targetGlobalSettings = {
  analyticsLogging: "client_side"
};

Although this only works from version 2.1 and up.

How can I achieve the same result in prior versions? I'm using at.js v1.8.2 via the Adobe Target Launch extension (not the v2)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

The page might have been updated - looks like the client side logging support was only introduced in at.js v2.1+
----

You can control how and when to send analytics data related to Target to Analytics for reporting purposes. If you do not want to opt in to the default settings of having Target and Analytics automatically stitch the analytics data via the SDID, set analyticsLogging = client_side via window.targetGlobalSettings. Note: any versions below 2.1 do not support this approach.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

The page might have been updated - looks like the client side logging support was only introduced in at.js v2.1+
----

You can control how and when to send analytics data related to Target to Analytics for reporting purposes. If you do not want to opt in to the default settings of having Target and Analytics automatically stitch the analytics data via the SDID, set analyticsLogging = client_side via window.targetGlobalSettings. Note: any versions below 2.1 do not support this approach.