Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Target QA doesn't show variant B

Level 1

When trying QA in the AB test I setup, I only see the default page (variant A), not variant B. at.js has been implemented properly, although we use at.js.2.11.4 whereas in the AT UI at.js.2.11.6 is currently available. Would this cause the issue? Everything seems to be setup as should. Looking forward to any clues as to how to solve this.

Tried in Chrome (v 129.0.6668.89 - 64bit) and Edge (v 129.0.2792.65 - 64bit) browser, both normal as well as incognito mode. Used Adobe QA disabler for Chrome multiple times. 

7 Replies

Level 2

Hai @BertwinM  I think your AB testing not working because of the condition or audience split you used on the segment.

Usually Target will not serve partial experiences, the default is the actual one, its not from Experience A. Also use the "Activity QA" feature to see if your experience is working or not. There are so much debugging options adobe provides.

Please refer the Activity QA option here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target/using/activities/activity-qa/activity-qa

Regards,

Bala

Community Advisor

The version difference is not causing it. So as @Imbalakumar is pointing out it must be the configuration itself causing it.

Are you seeing no traffic to b version in the reporting or is when you're testing it you only see version a? Target is automatically doing the split of the traffic to the different versions and will keep the user in the experience they see the first time.

Level 1

Hi @Imbalakumar and @kandersen,

Thank you for your replies!

The issue is in the QA feature: it provides two links: one to review variant A and one to review variant B. But both links show the same. We haven't activated the test yet, as we want to make sure everything works well first. Given that the QA feature doesn't show any differences, something seems to be off, but I can't figure out what. The only thing can be the QA feature itself, as we setup everything according to the documentation. Hope you can think of any ways outside what has been described in the activity QA documentation to solve this.

Community Advisor

Thanks for the clarification. 
I sometimes find that the QA urls are not working as planned. They've certainly become more stable, but i personally don't use them. Instead, I use this approach: 

1. Create a QA audience - example:
Screenshot 2024-10-03 at 11.06.22.png

2. Apply this to your activity

Screenshot 2024-10-03 at 11.08.19.png

3. control the traffic to force yourself into the specific experience. Once validated you move all traffic to your next experience.

Screenshot 2024-10-03 at 11.08.41.png

4. publish your activity - it will only be live for visitors who know to append the ?qa=true in the url

5. In order to validate you...probably guessed it, simply just add ?qa=true to your url. 

If the experience spans over multiple pages it requires that you append the qa=true every time you change url. 

Level 5

Hey @BertwinM 

Here are few debugging techniques you may follow to see why your variant B is not displaying:

• Please ensure that your target is updated to the latest version i.e 2.11.6 and  that your rules are set up correctly to display Variant B to the appropriate audience segment.

• We need to be sure that our cookies are enabled in your browser and if Adobe Target's cookies are being set and read properly and try running your target test on incognito mode or after clearing your cookies and cache in the normal browser.

• Use Adobe Target's debugging tools or browser developer tools i.e Adobe Experience cloud debugger / Adobe Experience platform debugger to inspect the network requests or console logs and responses to identify any errors in your implementation.

Hope this helps!

Thanks