Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target Prefetch and Notification implementation

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

Trying to iimplement Prefetch and Notification features.  

Any guidance is approeciated. How can I see weather Notifications reaching back to Target. How can I validate or verify it. 

Thank YOu,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

prefectresponse{
{
mbox:myboxname,
parameters{
at_property:fffffff,
},

prifilescripttoken:dddd,
eventtoken:ddd
}

That's good you now have all of the property from Target response 

- Next part is rendering (render you content to appropriate location)

When rending is done send the impression call to Analytics(Let target know the content is rendered)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Hi 

I believe you have completed the feedback loop setup for A4T (passing tnta values through analytics)

If not sure please see the diagram in in this article 

https://shafi.com.au/how-to/adobe-target/adobe-target-api-server-side-implementation/

Now for prefetch you have an extra parameters "eventTokens"

"prefetchResponses":[ 
      { 
         "mbox":"homePageHero2",
         "content": "some content",
         "eventTokens": [...],
         "clientSideAnalyticsLoggingPayload": {
            "pe": "tnt",
            "tnta": "86494:0:0|0,86494:0:0|2,86494:0:0|1"
         }
      }
   ]

You have to pass this eventTokens via analytics call (same way how you handle tnta into analytics payload)

https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/legacy-api/index.html#a4t-for-batch-delivery-api

Best Practices for Batch Delivery

1. It is not necessary to have all three kind of mboxes in a request. You can make a request for just a single mbox using this API.
  2. Note that the profileParameters are set at the top level of a Batch request and all mboxes, prefetch or regular, will be associated with the same visitor profile.
  3. When working with multiple mboxes in the batch mbox request, the Target edge will process the mboxes in the sequence specified by the IndexId parameter value.
  4. Overriding Parameters: You can override mbox parameters, such as IP, time.
  5. Prefetch: Fetch offers associated with an mbox in advance without incrementing the impression or visit/visitor count.
    1. Make sure you manage the eventTokens associated with an mbox for use at the notifications stage.
    2. When the qualifying campaign has a click metric defined for an mbox, then the clickToken will be returned in the response. When the visitor clicks the mbox and a notification request is sent, the notification type should be set to click and the corresponding clickToken should be included.
  6. Notifications: There are two kinds of notifications - hit and click.
  7. Profile Scripts are executed per each mbox inside mboxes, prefetch and notifications, as per the following logic:
    1. Regular mbox (part of the mboxes array): Profile Scripts are executed and results persisted in the profile immediately. Note that the sequence of execution will be as per the IndexId of the mboxes.
    2. Prefetch mbox (part of the prefetch array): Target will execute the profile scripts and cache it without persisting it to the profile. A profileScriptToken will be returned in the response and should be included in the notification request for this mbox. The results will be persisted into the profile at this time.
    3. Notification mbox (part of the notification array): If the notification has the profileScriptToken, then the profile script values will be written to the profile without re-executing them. If the profileScriptToken is missing then the profile scripts will be executed and again and persisted to the profile.
  8. If Response Tokens are enabled, they will be returned for each mbox response in the mboxes and prefetch sections.

Community Advisor

UsingV2 batchmbox call 

Passing 

clind ,tntid and prefetch parameters to the call. 

I am getting response 

prefectresponse{

{

parameters{

},

}

Thats all I am getting back. 

Please help me how to set up feedback loop setup for A4T in this call.

Thank you in Advance.

Correct answer by
Level 5

prefectresponse{
{
parameters{
},

}

That's good you now have all of the property from Target response 

- Next part is rendering (render you content to appropriate location)

When rending is done send the impression call to Analytics(Let target know the content is rendered)

Community Advisor

Executed that and add notification id for notifications. 

Now where to check and how can I confirm it is working as expected?

Thank You

Community Advisor
  1. Notification mbox : I am able to see mbox notification array and mbox parameter in target but trying to access it like mbox.param('xxxx')its returning othing in the profile script.? Could you please guide how to access that. I guess that resolves my problem.

THank You

Community Advisor

Could you please guide how to access Notification mbox parameters. I guess that resolves my problem.