Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

\// Adobe Target Idea - Adding Comments when Saving //

Level 3

Update 5/17/23 @ ~1030AM EST:  This post has been added to the Ideas section of the Adobe Target Community forum - please find the post here:  https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-ideas/adobe-target-idea-adding-comment...

Thank you!

RC

Hello,

I am curious if the Adobe team has ever considered adding a Comment prompt when saving a Target Activity?

It would be incredibly helpful to be able to document changes in a Target Activity, which would then be displayed on the Change Log panel in Adobe Target (see example screenshot I created below):

MRM_RC_0-1683911919680.png

This field should be text only and could be somewhat limited in character length if need be.

Every time you save a Target Activity, you should be prompted to add a comment (although it could be marked as an optional field if some users find they do not want to organize this way).

Thanks for your time!

RC

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@MRM_RC

This is a fantastic idea. I don't want to steal your thunder, so do you mind duplicating your work and submitting this under "Ideas"? Post a link to it here and tag me, and I'll give it a thumbs up after.

Mihnea Docea "Committed to Excellence" | Technical Support Engineer | Adobe Target

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi @MRM_RC,

Cool idea. Some companies I work with use the note section on the "Goals & Settings" page to log any changes made to an activity. You can see all changes when you open an activity in the "Info" section. It would be fantastic if you were prompted to comment on it before saving any changes. 

Thanks.

Level 3

Thanks Matthew the idea on the Notes and Description sections in the Goals & Settings page is something we currently utilize, but its typically an overall description.

Part of the comment prompt after hitting save would also be to try and reinforce the documentation step of what was changed as manually inputting to the Notes or Description section takes an extra step, and in order to get information about changes, you still have to open the activity (which is why the field on the Change Log panel would help make the user experience smoother and more efficient).

In any case, appreciate your response!

Community Advisor

Hi @MRM_RC, good idea - wanted to have this a few years ago. Meanwhile, I would not really use it even if there were the option. Because yes on the one hand you can enter notes at Goal & Settings. But even that I use rather rarely.

I communicate with all customers via a ticket system about every use case. Here, all information and states of the activity are also logged and commented.

This also has the great advantage that others who do not have access to Target are informed accordingly. Maybe this will help you as inspiration.

I myself work mainly with the form based composer - here code changes in Git are commented accordingly anyway.

Level 3

Hi Perrin,

Thanks for your response and sharing some of your methods for tracking such information.

We also use a different ticketing application and spreadsheets to track our Activity information.

Its more about having the documentation with the activity for internal team purposes, so anyone without access to those external tools can still review different activities to understand more about them.

At the end of the day its really a matter of personal preference - my assumption is had Adobe built in better documentation processes into Target, that users actually would have utilized those as tools to track, and then expanded to secondary tools as needed (perhaps automatically grabbing information from Target's API).

In any case, thanks again for your response.

RC

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@MRM_RC

This is a fantastic idea. I don't want to steal your thunder, so do you mind duplicating your work and submitting this under "Ideas"? Post a link to it here and tag me, and I'll give it a thumbs up after.

Mihnea Docea "Committed to Excellence" | Technical Support Engineer | Adobe Target

Level 3

Thanks for your support and suggestion MihneaD - I have added it to the Ideas section in the Adobe Target Community forum (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-ideas/adobe-target-idea-adding-comment...)!

RC