Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

A/B Testing - orderConfirmPage parameters not reflected in Reports

Level 2

New launch for Target Standard.  Have all debugging tools and have included output in attachments. Parameters for orderId, orderTotal and productPurchsedId appearing in the DTM generated MBox=orderConfirmPage. 

A/B Summary: Swapped images on my homepage; determine if lift in revenue via clicks on experience and subsequent revenue generated when in path to purchase.  I can see the hit count increase for the visitor and the success metrics, but no order revenue.

My activity goal page set up: 

1. Goal Metric - Click Newly Swapped Out Asset: http://screencast.com/t/NnExEbPeQqov
  2. Additional Metric - Revenue: http://screencast.com/t/h9uZic0O

When I remove the goal metric for the click and use only the orderConfirmPage as my goal, I have revenue flowing as expected.  This however is not a valid test, since we only want to count revenue associated with a path to purchase that includes the relevant click in the experience.   

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi David ,

Since you want to determine lift in revenue via clicks on experience and subsequent revenue generated when in path to purchase. I assume that you have created  Additional Metric - Revenue  as dependent success metrics i.e. incrementing  Additional Metric - Revenue  only if a visitor reaches the Goal Metric firstCan you please verify by going to Advanced settings of Additional Metric :Revenue that "Goal Metric" i.e. Primary Goal is selected as a Dependent success metric

Geenrally,  Dependent success metrics will not convert in the following cases:

• If you create a circular dependency in which metric1 is dependent on metric2 and metric2 is dependent on metric1, neither metric can convert.
  • Automated Personalization activities release users and restart the activity when conversion metrics are reached, so any metric dependent on the conversion metric will not convert.

In case , you are good witth all the above mentioned  , Please share yuor target account login details in a private message so that we can debug the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards 

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi David ,

Since you want to determine lift in revenue via clicks on experience and subsequent revenue generated when in path to purchase. I assume that you have created  Additional Metric - Revenue  as dependent success metrics i.e. incrementing  Additional Metric - Revenue  only if a visitor reaches the Goal Metric firstCan you please verify by going to Advanced settings of Additional Metric :Revenue that "Goal Metric" i.e. Primary Goal is selected as a Dependent success metric

Geenrally,  Dependent success metrics will not convert in the following cases:

• If you create a circular dependency in which metric1 is dependent on metric2 and metric2 is dependent on metric1, neither metric can convert.
  • Automated Personalization activities release users and restart the activity when conversion metrics are reached, so any metric dependent on the conversion metric will not convert.

In case , you are good witth all the above mentioned  , Please share yuor target account login details in a private message so that we can debug the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards 

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Success!  I have set up my additional metrics data as per your instructions, see attached, and after a bit of latency the parameters passed in via my mbox=orderConfirmPage are appearing.

I thought that this dependent goal firing had to be something everybody has in place for experiences, etc... Thanks for the assist... I missed this step in the documentation/manual. 

Will Standard version support Category Affinity in my audience set up; I understand product recommendations are only available in Premium. Is there examples on how to properly build a visitors category affinity.  See attachment as my first attempt.

Thanks,

David