Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Using visual experience composer (VEC) in UAT environments

Level 5

Hi there,

Is it possible to use VEC to build tests on sites hosted internally?

We have a bunch of UAT and dev sites and want to author our tests here before rolling out to the live site but whenever we put in the location of the test as a UAT site, the following error occurs:

target-error.png

Is there something I need to tweak in the settings to allow Target to reach our UAT sites?

5 Replies

Employee

Hi philipk92120636​,

Yes, absolutely, you could use the VEC to open UAT/Dev sites.

1. Are you able to access the UAT site on a regular browser window?

2. Are you using the EEC (Enhanced Experience Composer) in the VEC? If so, see Troubleshooting Issues Related to the Enhanced Experience Composer

Note that you could always open a Client Care ticket by emailing us at clientcare@adobe.com, once that is done - we can set up a screenshare and get to the bottom of the issue. Hope this helps!

Level 5

Many thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, we can access our UAT sites through a regular browser and we are using EEC.

Employee

If you are using EEC, could you confirm the IPs listed here are whitelisted:

Region

IP Addresses

Hostnames

United States

us1-proxy.adobemc.com

Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)

emea1-proxy.adobemc.com

Asia-Pacific (APAC)

apac1-proxy.adobemc.com

If you are still experiencing issues, please open a Client Care ticket with us (email clientcare@adobe.com) and we can set up a screenshare to resolve the issue.

Level 5

I'll double check with our network team (I'm guessing this isn't something I can do through the Target UI?).

Employee

The IP whitelisting would have to be through your network team and not the UI