Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Target not showing experience for Segment AAM says I belong to

Level 3

I've created a bunch of "onboarded traits" that make up a segment rule (lets call it Seg123), and I've uploaded a data file that contains my declared ID and the traits that would put me in the segment Seg123.

When I check my Profile in AAM Visitor Profile Viewer (searching for my UUID) it shows that I qualify for Seg123, however when I visit the URL, I DONT see the experience for that segment, I fall into the "All visitors" experience (which is ranked 2nd in the list)

People Core Services shows Seg123 current size as "Collecting Data" - could it not be done syncing?

Thoughts? could it just be a timing issue? What else could I be missing?

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi Steve,

• is the AAM segment the only criteria applied for targeting?
  • are you working with an XT or other type of activities?
  • is it the only activity targeted to this page or mbox (check the Collisions tab in AT )?
  • is Experience Cloud ID implemented on the targeted page(s)?

Level 3
  • is the AAM segment the only criteria applied for targeting? - Yes, and according to AAM visitor profile viewer, i belong to the segment
  • are you working with an XT or other type of activities? - XT
  • is it the only activity targeted to this page or mbox (check the Collisions tab in AT )?  - Yes it should be, I will double check
  • is Experience Cloud ID implemented on the targeted page(s)?  - Yes, "Experience B" is a "all visitors" catch-all type segment, which is working (and I am seeing that experience). However this

The "all visitors" audience is ranked #2, even if I remove it, i still wont get my intended experience.

Level 10

Also check that the declared ID (customer ID) passed to the Experience Cloud ID Service has the "authenticated" flag

Level 3

Thanks for your suggestion, whats the best way to check for that authenticated flag?

Level 3

I apologize, I am going to need a little more hand-holding, not quite sure where to get that information. Is that in the cookie data?

Level 10

You can find the http requests either in the browser developer tools (examine the network tab) or in Adobe debugger extension.

Level 3

I've double checked with my developer, the authentication flag is being sent.

We also tried a different experiment where we replaced the Segment with another segment that our profile should qualify for, and that seemed to work. So - segments are being recognized, now we're just trying to determine if its the rules, or the timing...or anything else    

Level 10

Steve, have you determined the issue cause? if not yet, I would advise to open a ticket with CustomerCare to check the real-time integration between AAM and AT.

Employee

+1 to Andrey's comment.

Steve, if you haven't already- please open a Customer Care ticket and we can take a look at the settings/set up.