Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple Experiences Delivered

Level 4

Hello community,

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered an issue where they qualified for one experience on one page, and a different experience on a subsequent page, all within the same test activity and user journey?

Our team launched a test and almost immediately we began seeing the ability to enter one experience, continue to another page, then Target delivered another experience from the same test. It literally delivered experience C, then experience A (Control).

Any insight or experiences with this type of anomaly is appreciated!

- Brion

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

bkmills1,

There is one activity type that can do this (Pull you into a different experience for a different URL) that would be an Experience Targeting Activity (X/T Activity) Experience Targeting  if that is the case here that woudl be expected if the activity is an A/B activity and you are switching experiences mid activity linking up with support would be advised something strange could be at hand.

Mihnea Docea   | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 4

@mikewebguy - This is exactly what I'd expect it it were an XT activity type. However, this is definitely an A/B test. We're going conduct some internal investigation to see if we can determine the cause.

Employee Advisor

bkmills1​,

One thing to keep an eye out for is that if there is something clearing cookies between those two pages that would cause the visitor to be considered a new visitor and re-qualify.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 4

We believe it may have something to do with crossdomain cookie persistence. Will share here if more details arise.

Community Advisor

Hey Brion,

Are you able to post the flow/pages? Could the user be converting on the target-global on the next page and re-qualifying?