Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 8/3/22, 8am PT: Rachel Booth, Adobe Premier Support Business Consultant

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

We'll be joined by Adobe Business Consultant Rachel Booth, (aka @rbooth115) who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

• Personalization Strategy
  • Optimization Strategy 
  • Integrations

Adobe Technical Support Engineer Kai Motoyama aka @kaimotoyama will also be joining to provide additional insights and answers to your questions. 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  •  Begin your Question with Rachel's Community username: @rbooth115 

~ REGISTER TODAY  ~

RachelBooth.JPG

Rachel Booth, Adobe Premier Support Business Consultant: Rachel is a Business Consultant on the Premier Support team focused on Adobe Target as well as Audience Manager and Analytics. She has a passion for data and problem solving, and enjoys helping customers tackle strategy and advance in their maturity across the Adobe stack.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 6/29/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break  with Adobe Target Experts @Jison , @TheRealKati_McKinney @Justine_Lee_at_Adobe, and @Kaela_Cusack, with extra support from @RamiHammad of Adobe Technical Support Engineering. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

27 Replies

Employee

Hi @rbooth115 ! Target Community Member @philipk92120636 has a question regarding traffic requirements for an A/B Activity:

---------

We've just deployed an A/B test with a simple 50/50 split.

The test has been running for 3 days and the current split is 66% control, 34% test for 222 visitors (we're using Analytics for Target as the reporting source). Yesterday, it was an 80/20 split between the control and test variants.

The test itself deploys a client side redirect if the customer has a specific cookie value (we're not using the built in redirect to page option in Target as we need to modify the cookie value before applying the redirect). The audience is based on customers hitting the site with a specific query parameter value.

There haven't been any changes since activation (i.e. pausing and reactivated, changes to audience, etc.) so I'm just wondering if there's a ballpark figure where we can expect the numbers to even out as required.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Link to Original Community Post

Employee

Hi @philipk92120636 !

Did you use the Target Sample Size Calculator to estimate how long this test needs to run before it reaches significance?

I recommend that you don't analyze the results of an A/B tests until it has reached significance (ie: ran for X number of days as defined by the calculator in order to reach significance). Until then, the data might not make sense. 

Further, please note that a 50/50 traffic split does not mean that every other visitor is sent to the control experience, rather it is a flip of the coin every time, thus it will take a certain amount of site traffic and time for this to even out.

Administrator

Hi @rbooth115, this question was posted by Target Community member chiquanhong

-------

Dear Community, 

Details: We are trying to integrate A/B Testing with Adobe Target in our React application. I have already implemented triggerView() on every page navigation and add some console.log which shows me if at.js was loaded correctly and if its available. I can see from that, that on every page navigation, the triggerView() is executed correctly. But in Adobe Target i can't see that the pages are available in "CurrentView". Even i browse to the next page, the currentView is still the first view. Only some times i can see it is publishing the right view in "currentView", but its really in rare cases (like 1 time of 100). Our A/B Test is actually really simple. When user starts the React Application, he will get a Welcome page with different headline. After he passes the first screen by clicking next, he will reach to screen number 2. We try to measure with metrics, if the user reaches second screen. The metrics uses the url of page 2, to measure. But its not really working, as in my opinion, its not recognizing the page navigation. We are using at.js 2.5.0.

May be some of you guys, had the same problem before?

thanks and best regards,

Quan

-------

Administrator

Hi @rbooth115, this question was posted by Target Community member wgharper

-------

I've recently been working on a new implementation of Analytics/Target via the AEP Web SDK, and am in the process of configuring some new activities.  In the past, I've used profile scripts as an easy way to handle complex audience parameters that need some sort of calculation or persistence, but I don't see anything in the documentation that addresses how to reference XDM data in the profile script editor.  Is this even an option with the Web SDK, and if so how would I reference the XDM data when building a script?

-------

Employee Advisor

@wgharper - I love this question!  XDM data can be leveraged within a profile script following a similar syntax seen below.  It is very similar to referencing a Target mbox parameter within the script.  In fact, if you start typing mbox.param into the profile script UI, you should see a drop down list of all mbox params including XDM fields to select from.  

mbox.param('productListItems.SKU') 

Employee

Hi @rbooth115, this question was posted by Target Community member @bc_99 

-------

Do anyone have any tips on whether MVT can support a 2x3 on two pages? For example, page A has two locations and 3 variables, we want to carry the experience to page B and make it consistent, location A, say color a should carry to page b location A also have a color a.  Or this has to be done via A/B? 

-------

Employee

Hi @bc_99, if you want to ensure consistency with this experience, I would recommend an A/B test since MVT will execute random combinations of the variables. Please see here for more considerations regarding MVT and when to use MVT versus A/B tests.