Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 2/23/22, 8am PT: Vishal Chordia, Senior Product Manager

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 @ 8am PT - 9am PT

~ Be sure to REGISTER HERE to receive email reminders and a calendar hold ~

We'll be joined by Vishal Chordia aka @vishalchordia, Senior Product Manager, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• Adobe Experience Platform
  • Audience-based Personalization
  • Real-time Customer Data Platform (RTCDP) integration with Target
  • General Adobe Target topics

Shelby Goff aka @shelbygoff, Senior Technical Support Engineer, will also be in the thread to provide further guidance around the above topics with Vishal!

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @vishalchordia 
  • When exchanging messages with Jon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Vishal

*Please be sure to REGISTER HERE, and sign in to the Community on 2/23/22 @ 8am PT for direct answers from Vishal

Amelia_Waliany_0-1643674091469.jpeg

Vishal Chordia is a Senior Product Manager for Experience Platform & Personalization. Prior to joining Adobe, he spent over 12 years building Big data and ML products in five different industries across AdTech, Healthcare AI, MarTech, Telecom, and Cloud Voice to deliver a personalized experience to end-users. Vishal is passionate about helping brands creating meaningful customer experiences at scale through product innovation. Vishal holds an M.S. in Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 1/19/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break with Group Product Manager for Adobe Target... (@Jon_Teheroand Technical Support Engineer, Kai Motoyama (@kaimotoyama

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

44 Replies

Employee

Hi @arwith, thanks for your question! You can certainly run more than one experience on the global mbox, but you can also utilize regional mboxes (one activity per mbox) to do this. If multiple activities are delivered via the global mbox or via multiple regular mboxes, Target will determine the priority by which the activity (or activities) are delivered to a web page.

Here's a handy doc that also goes over this: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/global-mbox/unders...

Level 3

Thanks @shelbygoff for this.  Just to confirm, @Brian_Hawkins_MiaProva wrote that the global mBox is only available within JS, but I am only looking for just server side.  Can I confirm that the global mBox will work for server side too?

Employee

Hi @arwith, apologies, must have read over the server side part. But yes @Brian_Hawkins_MiaProva is correct that global-mbox does not work for server side.

Level 9

@vishalchordia : I can turn a Recommendation off by date. How can I turn a Recommendation off based on the number of clicks or visitors that click. Drew Burns thought this might be done somehow with custom audiences.

Thanks Brian! impression capping is way to turn off the Recommendation. 

Yep, yep, I was thinking the same thing.  I was envisioning using the Audience like this:

Audience: user.clicks < 5 and if the visitor had > 4 clicks they wouldn't meet the Audience and they would get default content since they didn't meet the audience requirement.  

Many thanks for today!  I appreciate the insights around the CDP that you shared!  

Level 1

@vishalchordia : I want to share adobe target data into our Medallia survey. Specially, I want to share the response tokens for :

activity.name
activity.id
experience.name
experience.id
offer.name
offer.id

I read the below documentation and watched the video on response tokens:  Would you be able to confirm if the activity id or experiment id, if these values would persist past the page where our activity is on? Our goal in passing the activity attributes into Medallia is to be able to associate survey responses with Target Activity's.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/administer/response-tokens.html?lang=en

Thank you!

Level 4

By default they wouldn't persist but you can modify that behavior.  The code below creates a window scoped variable.  You can update the code with the additional tokens you want and then push the value to local storage or do the data layer

document.addEventListener(adobe.target.event.REQUEST_SUCCEEDED, function(e) {
    if (e.detail.responseTokens) {
      var rt = e.detail.responseTokens, ids = [];
      window.targetExperienceList = '';
      for (var i=0; i<rt.length; i++) {
        var inList = false;
        for (var j=0; j<ids.length; j++) {
          if (ids[j] == rt[i]['activity.id']) {
            inList = true;
            break;
          }
        }
        if (!inList) {
          ids.push(rt[i]['activity.id']);
          targetExperienceList += (targetExperienceList ? ',' : '') + rt[i]['activity.name'] + ':' + rt[i]['experience.name'] + ':' + rt[i]['experience.trafficAllocationType'];
        console.log(targetExperienceList);
        }
      }
    }
  });

This code would go to the bottom of your at.js file or as custom code in launch to execute after Target is loaded.  

Level 1

Thank you so much, Brian!  I had read the blog on miaprova re: adobe target & amplitude - so makes it even more exciting that you were the one to respond  

Our TMS is tealium - should our custom code be there similar to how you mentioned Launch? 

Thanks again!

Level 4

Yep..and if easier, you can just add this code directly to the bottom of the at.js code you have in Tealium.  

Employee Advisor

Excellent question @glago66 . Response tokens are only presented when there is an active activity. They will not persist past the page where your activity is running if there is no activity on the page where you are presenting your survey. You would have to persist the value on your own. And now I see Brian has also shown you how!

Employee

Hi @vishalchordia , thanks for joining us in the Target Community today! This question was shared by Adobe Target Community user, @kcapeder 

"Will existing segments that were previously streamed automatically be move to edge or do they need to be recreated?"

Employee

Thank you for sharing the question here. 

If user edits the segment on AEP/RT-CDP and if the segment qualify for Edge segment, then segment will automatically move from Streaming Segment to Edge Segment type. 

Note: Assuming the IMS org is enabled for Edge Segmentation.

Thanks

Adobe Champion

Hello @vishalchordia,

my question is rather basic - I recently happened upon a page which had Target training videos and resources organized like a learning management system format.   I started through the first videos, but now can't find the link.  Thanks for the help!

Employee Advisor

Hey ActiveMitchell! It sounds a lot like the Experience League tutorials for Target. Try this link to see if that is what you remember:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target-learn/tutorials/overview.html?lang=en

The different sections/topics are organized on the left hand rail.

Level 2

@vishalchordia , when would different workspaces make sense to use for those with Target Premium? I'm trying to understand if it would be beneficial to separate out web, apps, and kiosks into different workspaces or keep them all in one. 

Employee Advisor

Usually this depends on how you are structured internally and your scale. If it is a small team running a handful of tests then maybe you can get away with using the default workspace only. However, if you have multiple teams and channels or domains, then I would strongly suggest you leverage workspaces. Not only can you keep activities separate but you can assign users different levels of access by workspace. This way you can control who can do what (and where).

Employee

Hi Optimizing, 

Thank you for your question on multiple workspace feature in Target. 

Some of our customers use different works spaces to map to regional setup. E.g you could setup a workspace for US region and another for EMEA region. 

If you use AEP / RT-CDP sandboxes, then you can replicate your workspace to match AEP / RT-CDP sandboxes. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Thanks

Vishal