Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Adobe Target | How the session

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

How do  we check if the session is same in Target ? In my profile script I need to check if session is same and then return the value.

I understand mbox cookie doesn't change in the same session. but I cannot use and check  it for dynamic values .

Please advise.

1 Reply

Level 4

Hi Ambika,

From what i understood you would like to create Audience based on cookie value.

You could also use visitor profile to do this.

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_visitor_profile.html

"Visitor profile parameters are passed via the mbox (profile). You can target either new or returning visitors, or include all users.

New Visitor

Returning Visitor

In Other Tests

Not In Other Tests

First Page of Session

Not First Page of Session

Category Affinity

When a site visitor logs in mid-session and gets a 3rdpartyId, all previously-loaded profile attributes tied to the 3rdPartyId are immediately available.

You can target custom profile parameters and user. parameters. Choose the parameter you use want to use to target your activity. If the desired parameter does not appear, the parameter has not been fired by an mbox."

Hope this helps.