Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

XML Source question

Level 2

The following code (or variation thereof) appears a gazillion times in my XLM source view.

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?>

<log xmlns="http://dummy">COMMON-001 Copied PI: 'templateDesigner StyleID aped3' located at: templateDesigner::border::textEdit::ui::field::subform::subform::template::xdp</log>

In Designer the form takes forever to load or to switch views.

What does it mean and if it's not needed, how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

MJ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That is a known issue that has been resolved in version 9 of Designer. I believe that there was a service pack where the fix went in for version 8.2. If you cannot or do not want to upgrade your designer then if you post your form I can "clean" it and send it back.

Paul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 7

Could you post what version of Designer you're using? I seem to remember that one of the versions had trouble with this, but I'm not sure which one. If you post your version one of the Adobe people would probably be able to help you with this.

Level 2

Version 8.2.1.3144.1.471865

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That is a known issue that has been resolved in version 9 of Designer. I believe that there was a service pack where the fix went in for version 8.2. If you cannot or do not want to upgrade your designer then if you post your form I can "clean" it and send it back.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

Have you had a chance to look at my form?  So far we have been unsuccessful at installing the 8.2 fix.

thanks.

Former Community Member

Looked at it this morning and this is a new issue. My fix only partially worked on your form. I will need to dig deeper to find the real issue. Can you give me a couple of days?

One thing that woudl be helpful is if you coudl save the file as an XDP and email that to me. You can send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com. Can you post a message here when it is done?

Thanks

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

When I saved the form as XDP it grew to 14,611 KB - too large to email. Is there a way to make the file smaller?

I appreciate your help.

MJ

Former Community Member

Try zipping it ..that shoudl shrink it.

Did you apply the style sheet to this file? It seems that the style sheet is causing the issue.

Paul

Level 2

Zipped to a smaller file. I'm sorry, I don't know what a style sheet is, if I applied one it was unintentional.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----