Expand my Community achievements bar.

XML Export for Double Exandable Table returns incomplete Index Values

Former Community Member

Have created an expandable table per this excellent instruction/sample, and created a form with 2 expandable tables. When I when I export the form data to XML, only the first expandable table ItemIndexes return as the proper value, the 2nd expandable table returns blank in that column.  The XML export only seems to return one ItemIndex column.  I've tried renaming the ItemIndex in 2nd expandable table to a different name, but when I do that, the XML exports all ItemIndex values as 1.  How should I handle a form that will have 2 (or possibly more in the future) expandable tables and still get the correct item number to return on the XML export?  Thank you!

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Would it be possible to create a 'hidden' column just to capture the index numbers so the export will work ok?  Have added the column but can't get it to hide right (column still shows though field doesn't) and when putting test data in there, don't see it on the xml. Have also tried making it visible to test the export, but it still doesn't come through in the xml.  My 'dummy' field is calculated/read only, with this.rawValue=ItemIndex.rawValue on the calculate event.

Any ideas welcome, thank you!

Former Community Member

The hidden column didn't work, and now I am having less luck than before, the export is only exporting the data from a table at the very top of the form.  I need to learn more about this, as exporting the data that comes in will be important.  It won't be set up as a distributed file, only reader extended, so I won't have a 'repsonse' file and am using the tools/data export option in Adobe X Pro.  Thank you for any help.