Expand my Community achievements bar.

wsdl/soap in live cycle

Level 1

we have a wsdl , which i open in live cycle. The issue is i have an array in wsdl, so basically have element called commoditiesfor which minOccurs =0 and maxOccurs=unbounded or 2.

Now when i open it in live cycle it comes out to be only 1 text field, how do i add values to the array at runtime??

Please help

7 Replies

Level 6

Hopefully the portion of the xsd will be like this for the field ur looking.

<xsd:element name="RootNode">
<xsd:element ref="tns:commoditiesfor" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xsd:element>

<xsd:element name="commoditiesfor">
  <xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="commoditiesName" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"/>
    <xsd:element name="commoditiesId" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"/> --- if need more can add more elements.
   </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

1. Place a TextField and wrap with Flowed subform.

2. Select subform and Object -> binding TAB bind the subform with : $.RootNode.commoditiesfor[*]
CHECK the checkbox of "Repeat Subform for each data item" and place min count 1 and max 2 if need to restrict otherwise leave it blank.

3. Now Select textfield and Object -> binding TAB bind the text field to populate the Value(s) to $.commoditiesName.

Once the form spplied with the values in input xml you can see the same on the rendered form.

Hope this helps.

-Raghu.

Level 1

Raghu,

thanks for the help,

but i am stuck at the thrid step.

when i add multiple commodites, my commodity[0] is overwritten by commodity[1]

how to i map individual data to commodity [0] and commodity[1]

any idea.

appreciate a code snippet

Former Community Member

Can you share the xml that is generated.This might be issue on the xml side or java side where the xml is generated

Thanks,

Amol

Level 6

Please check the files(xdp, xml) from the below link. Preview the xdp using the xml. Also check the subform and text field bindings and properties. If still having the same issue please share the files if possible.

https://acrobat.com/#d=ypmTabMRyMAn3iRQypBK0g

-Raghu.

Former Community Member

The files are not present or I do not have access to those files...Please can you help me out with this?

----Amol

Level 1

Thanks a lot,

i just solved the issue. Thanks for the timely help we have deadline soon