Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Writing variable value to a textfield during(not at the end of script) script.

Level 3

Hi,

May be this is a stupid question, but I need to know the answer.

The question is

Is it possible to write a variable's value to a text field or numeric field during or in the middle of a script, not like at the end of script. Actually I found that live cycle designer forms writes values to fields when event script finishes.

I tried on a click even of a button.

TextField1.rawvalue  = "5" ;

xfa.host.messageBox("test message");

But code shows alert message first and then writes the value afterwards. When alert windows pops up text field is having old value or say blank.

Thanks

Arvind

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Arvind

You could try using the layout:ready event, you just need some way of working out what the next step is, maybe for form variable you can increment each time the layout:ready event is called so you know to write out the next thing.  There is an example of this in a sample here Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Season Planner (or Year Planner) PDF Template

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Arvind

You could try using the layout:ready event, you just need some way of working out what the next step is, maybe for form variable you can increment each time the layout:ready event is called so you know to write out the next thing.  There is an example of this in a sample here Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Season Planner (or Year Planner) PDF Template

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

Hi Bruce

Though I did not fully understand your reply but you gave me an idea how to do that. I use global variable that solved my purpose what I was trying to do. There is yet to learn more about layout:ready even. It would be appreciated if you give me some brief.

Thanks

Arvind