Expand my Community achievements bar.

Works on dev, but not production server

Former Community Member

I am building a site using LCCS which works on my laptop, which runs ColdFusion 9 and Apache. But it does not work on my production server, which is ColdFusion 8 and IIS. I have made the various configuration changes and I can successfully create a room via CF from the production server.

But my Flex app does not seem to load properly on the production server. It is basically a video-conferencing app, so the swf should display the "Start My Camera" button, but it doesn't. It works perfectly on my laptop though.

I realize I am using very different environments, but I don't know why that would affect anything for the simple Flex-generated swf, especially when I am dynamically creating the room via production.

I am sure it is something simple, but am out of ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Steven

2 Replies

Former Community Member

It seems I figured out my problem (well, about this issue anyway).

A while back, I un-installed .NET but then had to re-install it. In doing so, somehow IIS lost the ability to recognize .js files. It would return a 404 error whenever you tried to call any file with a .js extension. My hosting company did something to re-associate the file type with IIS. It seems I have the same problem with .swf files.

fyi, I used Charles (a Firefox plugin) to diagnose this. I had assumed it was a permission issue. It never occurred to me to try to access my swf directly.

Employee

Good! We really couldn't think of anything related to LCCS that would make it not work on your server