Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Will AEC ( Acoustic Echo Cancellation ) work in an SWF App that runs inside of an AIR app?

Level 4

Will a SWF App compiled to target FP10.3 + LCCS swc (targeting FP10.3) run in an AIR App that targets FP 9.0 and AIR 2.7 ?

Details:

* App #1 => is a swf app that targets FP10.3 + LCCS v2.2.0 ( FP 10.3 )

* App #2 => AIR 2.7 app that target FP 9.0

Execution Flow:

* App #2 creates an HTML view, loads the "App #1" within itself and runs it.

Will the App #1 have AEC working ? Is it OK that the container AIR app is not be targeting FP10.3 ?

Thanks,

Alex G.

3 Replies

Employee

This question would be better directed to the FlashPlayer and/or AIR forum.

AIR embeds a version of WebKit to implement the HTML view and I am not sure of what FlashPlayer is used by that "browser" (it could be an embedded FlashPlayer, in which case I am assuming will be the same version of AIR FP, or the FlashPlayer installed at the OS / external browser level, in which case it could possibly be a newer version of the FlashPlayer).

Best thing to do: try it out

I would build an AIR app embedding a small SWF that prints out the FlashPlayer version and see what happen changing the targets for the AIR app and the SWF.

Level 4

Thanks for the quick reply. I asked here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/927786

That's basically what I'm trying to figure out, "How is the FlashPlayer embedded in an AIR runtime?" (so far I haven't found any Adobe documentation to answer this question ) and "How does AEC behave when it's running in an AIR app container?"

I was hoping someone has done this already and can speak from experience, while I tried it on my own

Level 2

I can't answer your specific question about FP and AIR versions, but keep in mind that AEC is (currently) only supported by AIR for Desktop and not by AIR for Mobile.