Expand my Community achievements bar.

Will AEC ( Acoustic Echo Cancellation ) work in an SWF App that runs inside of an AIR app?

Level 4

Will a SWF App compiled to target FP10.3 + LCCS swc (targeting FP10.3) run in an AIR App that targets FP 9.0 and AIR 2.7 ?

Details:

* App #1 => is a swf app that targets FP10.3 + LCCS v2.2.0 ( FP 10.3 )

* App #2 => AIR 2.7 app that target FP 9.0

Execution Flow:

* App #2 creates an HTML view, loads the "App #1" within itself and runs it.

Will the App #1 have AEC working ? Is it OK that the container AIR app is not be targeting FP10.3 ?

Thanks,

Alex G.

3 Replies

Employee

This question would be better directed to the FlashPlayer and/or AIR forum.

AIR embeds a version of WebKit to implement the HTML view and I am not sure of what FlashPlayer is used by that "browser" (it could be an embedded FlashPlayer, in which case I am assuming will be the same version of AIR FP, or the FlashPlayer installed at the OS / external browser level, in which case it could possibly be a newer version of the FlashPlayer).

Best thing to do: try it out

I would build an AIR app embedding a small SWF that prints out the FlashPlayer version and see what happen changing the targets for the AIR app and the SWF.

Level 4

Thanks for the quick reply. I asked here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/927786

That's basically what I'm trying to figure out, "How is the FlashPlayer embedded in an AIR runtime?" (so far I haven't found any Adobe documentation to answer this question ) and "How does AEC behave when it's running in an AIR app container?"

I was hoping someone has done this already and can speak from experience, while I tried it on my own

Level 2

I can't answer your specific question about FP and AIR versions, but keep in mind that AEC is (currently) only supported by AIR for Desktop and not by AIR for Mobile.