Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Why doesn't new field label/caption replace the old caption?

Level 2

My customers change their minds quite a bit about the language that should appear on their printouts, which I'm creating using LiveCycle Designer.

I have seen a recurring issue: When I paste a new caption into the Field Tab or into the Caption Reserve directly, the new copy doesn't appear on the printout.

It appears in the layout, in the Field/Caption box, but when I create my PDF, the old value is displayed.

Why? Is there something I should be doing to purge the old value?

My current workaround is to recreate the field from scratch, which wastes quite a bit of time.

captionSadness.png

2 Replies

Level 7

The only thing I can think of is that there is a script that runs when the form is printed that is changing the value.

Level 2

I wish. There are no scripts running that would affect the caption text. However, I did find another workaround, which is to set the caption text by script to what I want it to be. Which doesn't explain why I can't type in a new caption and have it just work, but it's faster than re-creating a field from scratch.