Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Why do I keep getting a connection error when trying to connect to SQL?

Level 2

Environment:

• LiveCycle ES2
  • Windows Server 2008
  • JBOSS
  • Oracle Application DB

When trying to connect to SQL, I get this error message in the log.

Exception: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.))

I have these two files located in \\jboss\server\lc_oracle_cl\lib

• sqljdbc.jar
  • sqljdbc4.jar

I was told all I needed to do was drop these two files in the directory above and restart JBOSS. Is there something I'm missing?

Jesse

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi Jesse,

The driver you are using is for SQLServer Database. Since you are using Oracle as your database, you need an oracle driver.Please copy ojdbc6.jar from the [installDir]/lib/db/oracle/ directory and try again.

Thanks,

Ruchi