Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Why certain functionality works in Adobe Acrobat, but not in LiveCycle Preview PDF?

Level 2

I have some simple logic in a LiveCycle form that will hide a subform when I click a checkbox.  When I save as dynamic PDF and open in Adobe Acrobat 9, it works fine, but when I test the .xdp in LiveCycle Preview PDF it does not.  I'm new to JavaScript and have wasted some time troubleshooting what I thought was a problem, only to find out it was working.  Am I doing something that is not capatible with Preview PDF? 

Attached below are images of hierarchy, design, and code.  I realize the hierarchy is more complex than it needs to be.  It is an excerpt I built to test this functionality, based on the full document.

Thanks.

ls_view1.jpg

ls_view2.jpg

form1.diag.Cervical.show::click - (JavaScript, client)
if (this.rawValue == 1) {narrative.Cervical.mre.presence = "visible"} else {narrative.Cervical.mre.presence = "hidden"}

form1.narrative.Cervical.mre::initialize - (JavaScript, client)
this.presence = "hidden";

3 Replies

Level 10

Did you made the form as Dynamic and Interactive in the preview..

1) Goto File menu -> Form Properties and select Defaults tab. Change the Default Render Format as Dynamic XML form

2) Select the Preview Tab. Set the Preview type as "Interactive Form" and Preview Adobe XML form as Dynamic XML form

3) Finally while saving the PDF select Save As Type as "Adobe Dynamic XML Form".

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response!  I checked the my settings they are already set the way you recommended.  Any other ideas?

Level 2

I figured out the problem.  I was using the .xdp file.  If I use the .pdf version of the form, the presence="hidden" functionality works in the Preview PDF.