Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

where to get details on exceptions?

Level 2

hi

I am developing a solution using livecycle, using pdf generator for converting MSOffice documents etc. to pdf.

This is replacing an older solution which did this directly using MSWord automation and Distiller.

I have a number of test documents, one of which is failing in Livecycle ES2 Pdf Generator with the error message :-

Error Code:80000
Error Message: ALC-PDG-080-000-Conversion of the input file failed because of an exception.

Can someone point me to where i might be able to find the list of exceptions please?

Obviously i would like to find a fix to this issue, as this is a major regression from my home-brew system, which converts this document without problems.

Also, this document worked fine in the previous ES 8.2 edition.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to debug such issues?

thanks

-r

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

Did you check the jboss log file? It usually has a bit more information about what went wrong. I remember seeing an overview of the different error codes for LiveCycle, but I can't remember exactly where.

Level 2

There is this:  http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/errorCodeReference.pdf

but unless its a specific error, it is not usually helpful.

Level 2

Fantastic.

A very useful reference doc!

Thanks very much

-r