Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

When a single-page form expands to more than one page, can you reference the new individual "pages" that have been created by the expanding table?

Level 3

Don't think this is possible but would love to be wrong.

Bullet Points:

1) In my demo form (simple hierarchy: form1.page1.table1.row1), 8 occurrences  (instance "0" through instance "7") of the repeating row1 can be visible

before it causes a page break and adds another "page".  No issues there.

2) I'm thinking about trying to control the end-users navigation abilities to only on-screen "previous page" and "next page" buttons.

(So no scrolling from page to page; keep them where we want them.) Only way I can see making this work is if the form is designed

and coded to only allow one page to be visible at a time --- nesting things correctly in a parent object then hide all necessary subforms

and only make the appropriate subform visible.

3) But when working with tables,  when occurrence 9 gets added (aka instance 8), it triggers an on screen "Page 2" to be added.

End user can now scroll between Page 1 and Page 2. 

4) Once Page 2 has been added, is there a way to reference Page 1 (as we see it on screen) and set it to be hidden?

5) Is what we are seeing on screen as "Page 1" and "Page 2"  actually this.resolveNode("page1[0]") and this.resolveNode("page1[1]") ?

Tried messing around with referencing it this way but didn't seem to work.  Maybe I had a typo but if we never set the subform named "page1"

to allow multiple instances, I'm guessing it's not referenced this way.

Any thoughts would be great.  Thanks so much to this community.

Brian

0 Replies