Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

What's preventing SUM of fields

Level 2

I'm hold CTRL down while clicking in the cells I wish to have added together to create a total dollar amount.

I have three columns.  The first column adds nicely.  The second and third do not. When I click on one of the two certain cells in the non-functioning columns, formcalc returns  

Sum(Row2.Exp1+xfa.resolveNode("Row2[1].Exp2")+Row3.Exp3

What is xfa.resolveNode mean in Row2[1]?

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise in determining whats preventing the sum to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I renamed the rows in the table to be numerically correct, saved, closed and re-opened the document.  Then I used CTRL key to select fields I want added and all three columns work now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

If you insert a screenshot from your hierarchy I will try to help you.

xfa.resolveNodes() = The formular looks for "Row2[1].Exp2" and the search begins above on the first node bottom-up.

I suppose that you have more unnamed subforms. I see this if you have Row2 several times. The square bracket shows this. Then will appear this string.

Kind regards Mandy

Level 5

Thx for the screenshot. But in this section I can't see where you have several times of the Row2?

Correct answer by
Level 2

I renamed the rows in the table to be numerically correct, saved, closed and re-opened the document.  Then I used CTRL key to select fields I want added and all three columns work now.