Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

What is wrong with this resolveNodes script?

Level 2

I have the code on a checkbox object in the mouseup event:

Outline is this:

form1

mainForm

subForm

checkBox1

I plan on having many more subForms.

This is the script:

if  (this.rawValue == 1 || xfa.resolveNodes("mainForm.subForm[*]").checkBox1.rawValue ==1)

xfa.resolveNodes("form1.mainForm.subForm[*]").border.fill.color.value = "180,180,180";

else

xfa.resolveNodes("form1.mainForm.subForm[*]").border.fill.color.value = "255,255,255";

When I click on this checkbox the mainForm background should turn gray.  Instead, it does nothing.  Anybody have any idea why this script does not work?

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The resolveNodes method returns more than one object.If you want to set a field value in an instance, then you need to use resolveNode method.

But when you resolveNode method, you need to pass the index of the subForm. You can not pass [*]..

Probably based on your heirarchy, your code might need to look like this..

var intIndex = this.parent.index;

if  (this.rawValue == 1 || xfa.resolveNode("mainForm.subForm["+ intIndex +"]").checkBox1.rawValue ==1)

xfa.resolveNode("form1.mainForm.subForm["+ intIndex +"]").border.fill.color.value = "180,180,180";

else

xfa.resolveNode("form1.mainForm.subForm["+ intIndex +"]").border.fill.color.value = "255,255,255";

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The resolveNodes method returns more than one object.If you want to set a field value in an instance, then you need to use resolveNode method.

But when you resolveNode method, you need to pass the index of the subForm. You can not pass [*]..

Probably based on your heirarchy, your code might need to look like this..

var intIndex = this.parent.index;

if  (this.rawValue == 1 || xfa.resolveNode("mainForm.subForm["+ intIndex +"]").checkBox1.rawValue ==1)

xfa.resolveNode("form1.mainForm.subForm["+ intIndex +"]").border.fill.color.value = "180,180,180";

else

xfa.resolveNode("form1.mainForm.subForm["+ intIndex +"]").border.fill.color.value = "255,255,255";

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

YES!!!!  That did the trick!!!  Thank you Srini!