Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

[AEM Gems Webinar] Accelerating Experience Manager as a Cloud Service development with Rapid Development Environments
Adobe Summit 2023 | Complete list of AEM Sessions & Labs
SOLVED

What Destination Name to use with DataServiceTransaction in Model Driven approach

Level 3

Hello

I am using Model Driven Approach where no destinations are configured in data-management-config.xml, it is done automatically. In my backend webapp, I want to persist some data and push the changes to the clients. While I can use DataServiceTransaction.createItem() but what destination name should I use? What is the default name of the destination created by model assembler?

thanks

RK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

As Don mentioned in the other thread, you can use the ServerGeneratedEntities annotation to control this. For more information, see this documentation:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycleDataServicesES/3.1/Developing/WS4976f0ec3ef482461096f3811270185...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Rupak,

You should pass the destination name to DST. And by default, it is called <ModelName>.<NameOfEntity>

Rohit

Level 3

The Destination Id is <ModelName>.<EntityName> (Note the dot . in between the two parts). If you have Flash Builder with the Data Services Modeller plugin installed, you can actually see the destination in the Destinations view, under DMS Destinations.

I also wanted to note, if you run into issues calling Data Service Transaction on the server, you may want to try setting the Message Broker on the FlexContext like this:

MessageBroker messageBroker = MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null); //Pass in the Message Broker ID if you have changed it.
FlexContext.setThreadLocalMessageBroker(messageBroker);

then when you are done with the Data Service Transaction, you can call setThreadLocalMessageBroker() with null.

Level 3

Hi Ashish

Now the Destination ID is correct but I get the following exception. Also tried setting the Message Broker on the FlexContext but same error. The code is as follows.

Pls advise

Rupak

MessageBroker messageBroker = MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null); //Pass in the Message Broker ID if you have changed it.
        FlexContext.setThreadLocalMessageBroker(messageBroker);

DataServiceTransaction dtx = DataServiceTransaction.begin(false); 
         //DataServiceTransaction dtx = DataServiceTransaction.getCurrentDataServiceTransaction();
         dtx.setSendChangesToAdapter(true);
         Currency c1 = new Currency();
         c1.setCurrencyCode("ABC");
         c1.setCurrencyName("Dummy Currency");
         c1.setCurrencyLastUpdated(new Date());
         c1.setCurrencyId(new Integer(537)); 
         dtx.createItem("TraderWorkStation.Currency", c1); 
         dtx.commit();

FlexContext.setThreadLocalMessageBroker(null);

TWSServer08/24/2011 11:15:31.736 DEBUG Service.Data.Transaction Started non-jta data service transaction

TWSServer08/24/2011 11:15:31.768 DEBUG Service.Data.Transaction Sending server message to adapter: Flex Message (flex.data.messages.DataMessage)

operation = create

id = {currencyId=537}

clientId = srv:91D4E7AE-B0DB-B0EA-681D-4404F4AC8E96

correlationId = null

destination = TraderWorkStation.Currency

messageId = srv:91D4E7AE-B0DB-B0EA-681D-4404F4AC8E96:0

timestamp = 1314198931739

timeToLive = 0

body = TraderWorkStation.Currency@238

TWSServer08/24/2011 11:15:31.771 DEBUG Service.Data.General Before TraderWorkStation.Currency.createItem (

(TraderWorkStation.Currency) {currencyId=537} (14308998) {

currencyName = Dummy Currency

currencyCode = ABC

currencyId = 537

currencyLastUpdated = Wed Aug 24 11:15:31 EDT 2011

})

TWSServer08/24/2011 11:15:31.797 DEBUG Endpoint.AMF Serializing AMF/HTTP response

Version: 3

(Message #0 targetURI=/1/onStatus, responseURI=)

(Typed Object #0 'flex.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage')

headers = (Object #1)

rootCause = null

body = null

correlationId = "7816F4B3-E6EC-B7CD-A98D-FC5EFF8A3646"

faultDetail = null

faultString = "The item of type, 'TraderWorkStation.Currency', passed to the assembler does not match the assembler's configured entity type, 'TraderWorkStation.package1.Currency'.  To convert 'flex.messaging.io.amf.ASObject' to a strong type automatically, set the item-class in the destination."

clientId = "91D4E4EF-9095-35C3-0E30-0059517696E5"

timeToLive = 0.0

destination = "AdminControlService"

timestamp = 1.314198931792E12

extendedData = null

faultCode = "Server.Processing"

messageId = "91D4EF9D-F0F1-D3D1-5F9B-2F636C098859"

Message was edited by: RupakKhurana

Correct answer by
Level 3

As Don mentioned in the other thread, you can use the ServerGeneratedEntities annotation to control this. For more information, see this documentation:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycleDataServicesES/3.1/Developing/WS4976f0ec3ef482461096f3811270185...

Level 3

Ok, so far so good, but in my original code, I am using dtx.setSendChangesToAdapter(true) and expect that the createIte

m() would be persisted to the database. Is it not the case, while I see that the new item is sent to the client but it is not being written to the database.