Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Web Service Problems in ES2

Former Community Member

Running LC ES2 SP1 on Windows 2008 R2 32-bit server.

I have a form that has multiple web service connections to processes I created in workbench.  I can connect to them fine in workbench and some of them work fine on my form.  I am using the WSDL format http://server:port/soap/services/web%20services/getinfo?wsdl in the data view for the wsdl connection in designer. 

Most of my data connections work like this but some come up with a java error that says:

GeneralError: Operation failed.
XFAObject.execute:1:XFA:topmostSubform[0]:Page1[0]:subformStatChngForm[0]:subformEmployeeInfo[0]:initialize
Error attempting to read from
filehttp://server:port/soap/services/web%20services/getinfo?wsdl

I don't know why it shows "filehttp" or even where that came from.

In my form on the initialize event of the subform I have xfa.connectionSet.GetInfo.execute(0);

I swear ES2 is driving me nuts.  I much rather go back to ES.  Is there any sort of documentation for ES2 and web services?

Thanks!

John

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

From a technical perspective it does not matter .....from a maintenance perspective it is probably easier to keep them all together.

Paul

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Former Community Member

In workbench if you click on the start point in the process diagram then it will show you all of the defined endpoints. Copy and paste the URL from the SOAP end point into your data connection.

Paul

Former Community Member

Do I need to add a start point for my web service process that I created in 8.2 and carried over into ES2?  I have a form process that I added the Start Point to but wasn't sure about the web service and database calls processes that I created.

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member

No the web service start point will be added automatically ...but the structure of the call has cahnnged. Thats why I

suggested the copy and paste method.

Paul

Former Community Member

Right now I have my web services and data connections in a separate Application in Workbench.  Do you suggest that they remain there or should they be in my application that contains my form and main workflow process?

Thanks,

John

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

From a technical perspective it does not matter .....from a maintenance perspective it is probably easier to keep them all together.

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul,

I am still having an issue with the web services.  It seems though that they are failing on the initialize event of my form.  I normally call my web services with xfa.connectionSet.GetInfo.execute(0);.  This worked in ES 8.2.1.3 but now with ES2 SP1 it's not working.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member

I have not seen this type of behaviour .....I suggest that you put the web service button on the form (drag it from the Data Connection tree)  and use script to cause the click event on the button. You can hide the button of course. The script woudl be:

buttonName.execEvent("click")

Let me know the result please.

Paul

Former Community Member

This doesn't work either.  I am still getting the error that it can not read from "filehttp://server:8080/soap/services/getUserInfo?wsdl".  Where is "filehttp" coming from?

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member

I do not know where that is coming from ....I have not seen that error before.

I suggest that you bring up the orchestration in work bench that is the web service. Then open the start point and copy the soap end point wsdl back into your data connection definition.

If that does not work then I can load it on my system and see if I get the same errors. Are you willing to send me the lca files and the forms?

Paul

Former Community Member

Upon further review (I sound like an NFL referee), I see that your wsdl is incorrect ...you have not replcaed the server part with the name of your server. I woudl do that copy and paste of the wsdl from the start point like I mentioned earlier.

paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----