Expand my Community achievements bar.

Very New Guy-help finding basics

Level 1

Yes I hate it when new people join a forum an dask dumb questions. But I need help and losing time but the moment to get it done. I have adobe livecycle because it came with a different package of software... funny enough it does what i need it to do.. but I never learned to use the darn thing. OK Simply put..

I need to figure out how to have smaqll paragraphs from which an individual can choose one and that be the one that is printed. OR. Have a drop down menu of some sort where this same person can choose one or two multi line answers and have them print only.

I am in education... this is all teacher/student stuff... and I am LOST!

If you could even just point me in the direction of some good free tutorials or ebooks I am willing to read to find the answer.

Thank you much

Your very frustrated principal

Z

2 Replies

Level 10

The controls in Adobe LC Desinger have a property called "relevant" which will determine whether that control should be printed or not.

What you can do is at the design time, you can set the control's presence property to "Visible (Screen Only)".. And at the runtime, when the user makes a selection, then set the relevant property to "+print".

Presence Property Setting_1.JPG

For example:

Button1.relevant = "-print";     //Do not print the object
(OR)
Button1.relevant = "+print"; ////Print the object
Hope this gives an idea..
Thanks
Srini

Level 10

I highly recommend Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer by J.P. Terry - great book for getting started!