Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Very curious about this

Level 3

I am not sure if you any of guys checked out my previous post...

" I have noticed after continual testing that the tools are not proportional according to the users screen.  For example if a user draws an arrow on the blackboard that is 10 centimeters long, lets say that user is on a monitor that has a 1600x1200 resolution, if the recipient is on a much smaller monitor and ergo lower resolution, the 10 centimeter arrow ideally should be scaled down to match the viewers resolution, but instead it is showed at 10 centimeters and often is clipped.  For fonts should have an "auto" size as well for when typing text.  When I type text as well, there is often the same problem with text clipping off the screen on one user's monitor while being perfectly find on another user's... "

Imagine overlaying the toolbar over an image of a man or woman.  On my screen I might circle the man or woman's head.  However the viewer sees the circle around the person's stomach for example.   Imagine trying to use this for some sort of online medical consultation.  I really think this could be an important issue.

Do you have any plans on integrating this feature?  I am considering working on this myself and modifying the source, if I succeed I will post the modified source up on this forum.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Daminee,

I tried the scenario you mentioned. When it comes to shapes, the size and position does seem to scale according to resolution. (please see the attached image)

But in the scenario you mentioned, where you are uploading a pic,are you scaling the image as well. Also please try the SharedWhiteBoard.zoomLevel api to adjust your SharedWhiteBoard according to image size or resolution factor.

Level 3

well, actually I've tested this out on several computers and I have found this not to be this case. Things are usually clipped.  For example example someone having 4:3 monitor and draw something to the bottom of their screen, I can't see it on my 16:9 widescreen.  I am guessing that I would have to use some sort of dynamic zoomlevel based upon the user's resolution.  Kind of have it prorated for a certain monitor height and width.  Maybe 1024*768, and all other resolutions would be a zoom factor of that.  But shouldn't this be the normal case?