Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Validation Error: while installing LC ES2.5 on w7 (Invalid Domain Name)

Level 4

Hi,

I have installed LC ES2.5 on Windows7(32bit, 4gb Ram) machine. During Configuration (In Express Mode) I am stucked at Configure turnkey JBoss SSL step. I have filled the entries as below.

2.jpg

When I click JBoss SSL it throws an Validation Error stating that :

Invalid name for Common Name. The value is required to be Fully Qualified Domain Name.

1.jpg

I have tried many options but not able to get out of it.

I am new to LiveCycle, please help.

Thanks in advance.

-

Abhinav

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhinav,

The Configure SSL step is not a blocker and can be skipped on the LiveCycle Configuration Manager. You can also configure and manually enable SSL for JBoss at a later point when you choose to. For more information, please refer to the Installing and Deploying LiveCycle ES2 using Turnkey guide, section 6.4 page 49. Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers,

Suhas Yogin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Abhinav,

LiveCycle Configuration Manager dynamically picks the 'fully qualified name' of the system on which you are running LiveCycle ES2. Ensure that this system is added to a domain and is not functioning in isolation. To verify for the correct system name, goto Start > right click Computer > Properties verify the full name of your computer and enter on the Configure turnkey JBoss SSL screen accordingly.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Level 4

Thanks for your reply Suhas, but my problem is that I am using single machine on which w7 ultimate is installed. 1st prob, How can I create domain on w7? 2nd prob, If I skip this step then will the server work properly. Or any other path which I can coose to solve this problem.

Thanks.

-

Abhinav

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhinav,

The Configure SSL step is not a blocker and can be skipped on the LiveCycle Configuration Manager. You can also configure and manually enable SSL for JBoss at a later point when you choose to. For more information, please refer to the Installing and Deploying LiveCycle ES2 using Turnkey guide, section 6.4 page 49. Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers,

Suhas Yogin

Level 4

Thanks a lot Suhas. I have checked and found that we can not create Domain on Windows7 OS. We have to use some server software (or OS) in order to create a Domain and thereafter we can join that domain.

For the time I have put my website URL in the Common Name Field. Don't know whether it will create problem in future or not but doing this it was installed successfully.

-Abhinav