Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Validating check boxes within a table

Level 3

I have a table with several hundreds check boxes. I need to make it mandatory that at least one of them is checked. Is it possible to validate that at least one of them has been checked within the table as a whole? In other words, I would rather not have to create an array or something that I have to list out every single check box and validate each one individually. I am hoping that there is a way to validate that at least one check box within the table was checked, by referencing at the table level.

Hopefully that is clear? Thanks

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Unfortunately no ...you will have to check each object individually.

Paul

Level 6

I think we can do this with a script, but it would require some specific rules in your table:

1. Any checkbox that contributes to the validation would need to have the same prefix for their name; e.g. "CBox1", "CBox2", etc.

2. They would all need to use the same values for checked and unchecked, either On/Off or 1/0, etc.

It would also help if your table wasn't terribly complicated, lots of subforms within cells and all.

The script would be a little hairy and may break someday if Adobe decides to change the internal structure of their controls.  But, it will still probably be better than checking 100 checkboxes individually.