Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Using LiveCycle how can I edit an individual field row value in table after use Global data binding?

Level 1

I have created a 90 row table using "Repeat Row for Each Item" distributed in 4 pages, I have a field named "Manufacturer" which has a drop down with six values, I also used the "Global Data" binding on that field, to facilitate the data entry, and works perfect just there; because if for any reason reason I need to change the Manufacturer value in one or 2 individual rows, after selecting the new value in the dropdown in that row, this would change the value in the entire Manufacturer column.

I wonder if there is any script or other way to edit just one row after being populated. I am not a programmer but I am good following instructions. I appreciate the Help.

1 Reply

Level 5

I don't clearly understand what you are asking however I will try to help. You can change a textfield value using scripts such as posted below. Can you post your form on workspaces for us to look at and understand the exact question? Hope this helps or gets you pointed in the right direction.

Here are some ideas. Choose an event based on when you would like this script to fire. To open the script editor  press:  CTRL +SHIFT + F5

this.rawValue = form1.subformname.table1.textfield1.rawValue;

or

this.rawValue = form1.subformname.table1.textfield1.rawValue + "Detriot Motors";

or

if (this.rawValue == null)

{

this.rawValue = Miami Motor Company;

}