Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pagination is still greyed out

Level 2

I want to add multiple master pages to my form (one in portrait, one in landscape).  I thought this would be easy.  I am pretty new to Livecycle but I thought using the pagination settings would be the way to do it.  Unfortunately the settings on the pagination pallet are always greyed out.  I've looked around on other discussions here and the answer seems to be to set the subforms to flowed.  I've done that to all the subforms on my first page (event the tables that didn't need it) and the pagination settings for the master pages are still greyed out.  Is there something I am missing here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I may have found the solution in the "help" guide.  I think my problem was that I was looking only at the "master pages" tab when I was looking at the Pagination palate.  I should have been in "design view" looking at the pagination for my subform for the entire page like you said.  Here is what the Help guide said:

To assign a master page to a specific page

Select the subform by using one of these methods:

In the Design View tab, select the default subform on the page.

In the Hierarchy palette, select the subform that corresponds to the page.

In the Object palette, click the Pagination tab and, in the Place list, select On Page > [page], where [page] is the name of the master page you want use.

So for Place I selected "On Page 'Page1'"  and in the After field I selected "Go To Page 'Page2'", my second page that I put in landscape.

Thanks Bruce and I hope this helps others in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Is the subform you are trying to set to a particular master page at the top level?

Bruce

Level 2

Thanks for replying.  I'm not sure what "top level" referrs to.  If it's the hierarchy then, yes, my first page (with several subforms) is at the top.  The master pages are below it on the hierarchy.  Should all the subforms on my first page be wrapped in another subform?

Correct answer by
Level 2

I may have found the solution in the "help" guide.  I think my problem was that I was looking only at the "master pages" tab when I was looking at the Pagination palate.  I should have been in "design view" looking at the pagination for my subform for the entire page like you said.  Here is what the Help guide said:

To assign a master page to a specific page

Select the subform by using one of these methods:

In the Design View tab, select the default subform on the page.

In the Hierarchy palette, select the subform that corresponds to the page.

In the Object palette, click the Pagination tab and, in the Place list, select On Page > [page], where [page] is the name of the master page you want use.

So for Place I selected "On Page 'Page1'"  and in the After field I selected "Go To Page 'Page2'", my second page that I put in landscape.

Thanks Bruce and I hope this helps others in the future.